Highpower Technology (formerly known as Guangzhou Highpower Technology Co., Ltd. ) was founded in 2001 as an integrated clean energy supplier dedicated to R&D, manufacture and sales of Li-ion and Ni-MH batteries, as well as energy storage systems and used battery recycling. In June 2008, Highpower listed in NASDAQ, USA, and completed the privatization in October 2019.
Highpower focuses on R&D investment and will continuously broaden application scenarios, while strengthening whole devices usage analysis, technology know-how approach, and application innovation. Global service footprint and vertical integration, allow us to deliver safe, reliable & innovative power solutions. Thus Highpower has been recognized by many international brands as one of their strategic partners.
George PanChairman and
Chief Executive Officer
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
RESEARCH INSTITUTE PRESIDENT
Chief Product & User Officer
Quality Management, Customer-Oriented, Strive for Better, Improve Constantly
Observing Law and Discipline, Pollution Prevention, Energy Efficiency and Waste Reduction, Improve Constantly
Green Manufacturing, Satisfy Customers, Observing Law and Discipline, Improve Constantly
Social Responsibility Policy
Observing Law and Discipline, Ensure the Rights of Employees, Build a Harmonious Company
Business Ethics Policy
New Development Way Based on Regulations, Zero Tolerance Fosters a Perfect Team
Provide world-class clean energy solutions to power the future.
To solve global customer challenges and pressures;
Provide safe products and quality service.
Open-minded and shared success;
Dedication to details;
- Shenzhen Highpower Technology Co., Ltd. has became an “AEO Advanced Certified Enterprise”.
- Springpower has been recognized as "2020 Shenzhen Postdoctoral Innovation Practice Base".
- Shenzhen Highpower Technology Co., Ltd. joined Zhongguancun New Battery Technology Innovation Alliance, and was elected vice president of the unit.
- Huizhou Highpower Technology Co., Ltd. has won the "Green Factory" certification issued by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology.
- Mr. Pan, Chairman of Highpower, was awarded "The 10th (2020) Person of the Year in China Battery Industry".
- Tonghu industrial park in Huizhou launched a groundbreaking ceremony.
- Completed the privatization.
- Completed the second phase building of Huizhou Facility.
- Test Center of Huizhou Highpower Technology Co., Ltd. was acquired laboratory accreditation certification ISO/IEC 17025: 2005 by CNAS.
- Highpower entered into an equity purchase agreement with Huizhou Yipeng Energy Technology Co., Ltd..
- Huizhou Highpower Technology Co., Ltd. has been certified ISO/TS 16949: 2009, for designing and manufacturing of lithium-ion traction secondary cells for electric vehicle.
- Springpower Technology (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd. was acquired "Quality Improvement Award".
- Springpower Technology (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd. was honored "2015 Science and Technology Innovation Award in Longhua New District".
- Highpower International（NASDAQ: HPJ）was awarded as "the Most Valuable Investment Listed company on Li-ion Battery".
- All of Highpower's subsidiaries received the certification of "High and New Technology Enterprise".
- Huizhou Highpower Technology Co., Ltd.'s project of industrial construction on Li-ion battery was rated as "Top 50 Key Cultivating Projects of Modern Industry in Huicheng District".
- Highpower International was authorized invention patents on battery safety technology by USPTO. (Patent No. ：US 13/673634)
- Highpower was honored as "AA Customer of China Export & Credit Insurance Corporation in 2015".
- Shenzhen Highpower Technology Co., Ltd. was awarded "the Backbone Enterprise of quality City in Shenzhen" status and certification.
- Huizhou Highpower Technology Co., Ltd. acquired Samsung's supplier audit approval, entering into Samsung's supply chain.
- Huizhou Highpower Technology Co., Ltd. and Springpower Technology Co., Ltd were qualified as Sony's green partner.
- Ganzhou Highpower Technology Co., Ltd. and Icon Energy System Co., Ltd. were awarded National High-Tech Enterprise status and certification.
- Highpower's HEV/PHEV Lithium-ion Power Battery successfully received product approval from China's National Quality Control & Inspection Center for Business, marking Highpower entering into the market of lithium-ion batteries for electrical vehicles on a large scale.
- Ganzhou Highpower Technology Co., Ltd. industrial park went into operation.
- Highpower was qualified as a committee member of American STP1642 UL Security Laboratory Standards Technical Committee (the only qualified battery company in China including Taiwan).
- Highpower's trademark "HFR" won the Famous Trademark Certificate of Guangdong Province.
- Highpower wins and award from "Guangdong Informatization and Industrialization Fusion---Four 100 Demonstration Project".
- Highpower was identified as an AAA standard enterprise in Shenzhen city.
- Springpower Technology (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd. was identified to be one of the First National New High-tech Enterprises in Shenzhen in 2013.
- Highpower wins the highest quality award in the public service field set up by Longgang People's Government---District Quality Award.
- Highpower wins the Annual Scientific and Technological Invention Award in the Longgang District of Shenzhen for 2011-2012.
- Highpower provides power supply solutions for the Racing Team of Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) in the Formula Student China 2013 (FSC).
- The industrial park of Ganzhou Highpower Technology Co., Ltd. was completed.
- The industrial park of Huizhou Highpower Technology Co., Ltd. was formally put into production.
- Highpower purchases land rights in Ganzhou City, Jiangxi Province for a full-scale battery and electronic waste recycling business.
- Huizhou Highpower Technology Co., Ltd. was founded.
- Icon Energy System (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd. was established.
- A groundbreaking ceremony was held for Ganzhou Highpower Technology Co., Ltd.
- Highpower was assessed as an A-grade credit rating corporation by Shenzhen Joint Credit Management.
- A strong Hong Kong office was established.
- Highpower signs investment letter of intent with Zhanggong District Government to build the first domestic clean energy production and research facility.
- Highpower research and development institute was established.
- Symposium for clean energy attended by Hong Lihe, Vice Governor of Jiangxi Province, Jiangxi Province government leaders of the Provincial Department of Commerce, the Provincial State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission (SASAC) and the Provincial Industry and Information Committee.
- Battery industry expert Wang Jisan was appointed as Honorary President of Highpower Research and Development Institute.
- Ganzhou Highpower Technology Co., Ltd. was incorporated.
- Research and Development Center partnership was established with German-based Freudenberg to form Freudenberg (Chinese) Testing Center.
- Highpower wins the "Cleaner Production Enterprises in Shenzhen City" award.
- Highpower Sunshine Scholarship Foundation was established.
- Highpower is identified as the "Hong Kong-Guangdong Cleaner Production Partners (manufacturing)" by the Hong Kong Government's Environment Bureau and Guangdong Province's Economic and Information Technology Commission. Highpower is the only enterprise to receive the award in the China battery industry.
- Groundbreaking ceremony was held at Highpower Huizhou Industrial Park.
- Highpower was selected as the first batch of "Guangdong, Hong Kong and Macau RMB cross-border trade settlement pilot units".
- Highpower USA office was established.
- Production commences at B2 factory in Shenzhen. Initial production capacity reaches 750,000 Ni-MH battery pieces per day.
- Highpower receives AQSIQ "Green Passage Enterprises" qualification.
- Highpower begins trading on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol "HPJ".
- Highpower acquired patented product "NI-MH batteries that can be stored for a long-term".
- Highpower identified as a "state-level high-tech enterprise" by Shenzhen City's Science and Technology Bureau, Bureau of Finance, State Taxation Bureau and Local City Taxation Bureau.
- Springpower Technology (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd. was founded.
- Highpower acquires United States-based company SRKP.
- C factory area increases Ni-MH battery production capacity to 600,000 pieces per day.
- Highpower Ni-MH Battery research and development center was established.
- Highpower's B1 branch factory commences battery production.
- Highpower establishes post-doctoral research and development base at Central South University.
- Highpower was honored as an "Advanced Battery Materials Engineering Research Center" by the Ministry of Education.
- Industrial wastewater treatment system was opened for life sewage recycling.
- Highpower obtains first authorized patent.
- Highpower becomes Ni-MH rechargeable battery supplier for a globally recognized battery brand.
- Highpower obtains "HFR", "Highpower" trademark.
- Highpower receives OVONIC patent license.
- Highpower nickel-metal hydride products receive recognition by SGS as environmentally friendly.
- Shenzhen Municipal Science, Technology and Information Bureau identifies Highpower as a "Shenzhen High-Tech Enterprise".
- Highpower receives CE Certification.
- Highpower moves headquarters from Guangzhou City to Luoshan Industrial Zone, Pinghu Town, Shenzhen City.
- Highpower receives ISO9001:2000 certification.
- Highpower Technology Co., Ltd. was established in Guangzhou City, China.