|Highpower International Inc. was founded in 2001 as a clean energy group dedicated to research and development, production and sales of rechargeable Ni-MH / Lithium batteries, power source and energy storage systems. In June 2008, Highpower was listed on NASDAQ.|
- Highpower entered into an equity purchase agreement with Huizhou Yipeng Energy Technology Co., Ltd.
- Springpower Technology (Shenzhen) Co. Ltd. was acquired “Quality Improvement Award”.
- Springpower Technology (Shenzhen) Co. Ltd. was honored “2015 Science and Technology Innovation Award in Longgua New District”.
- Highpower International（NASDAQ: HPJ）was awarded as“ the Most Valuable Investment Listed company on Li-ion Battery”.
- All of Highpower’s subsidiaries received the certification of "High and New Technology Enterprise".
- Huizhou Highpower Technology Co. Ltd. ’s project of industrial construction on Li-ion battery was rated as “Top 50 Key Cultivating Projects of Modern Industry in Hiucheng District” .
- Highpower International was authorized invention patents on battery safety technology by USPTO. （Patent No. ：US 13/673634）
- Highpower was honored as “AA Customer of China Export & Credit Insurance Corporation in 2015”.
- Shenzhen Highpower Technology Co. Ltd. was awarded “the Backbone Enterprise of quality City in Shenzhen” status and certification.
- Huizhou Highpower Technology Co. Ltd. acquired Samsung’s supplier audit approval, entering into Samsung’s supply chain.
- Huizhou Highpower Technology Co. Ltd. and Springpower Technology Co. Ltd qualified as Sony’s green partner.
- Ganzhou Highpower Technology Co. Ltd. and Icon Energy System Co. Ltd. were awarded National High-Tech Enterprise status and certification.
- Highpower's HEV/PHEV Lithium-ion Power Battery successfully received product approval from China's National Quality Control & Inspection Center for Business, marking Highpower’s entery into the market of lithium-ion batteries for electrical vehicles on a large scale.
- Ganzhou Highpower Technology Co. Ltd. industrial park went into operation.
- Highpower qualified as a committee member of American STP1642 UL Security Laboratory Standards Technical Committee (the only qualified battery company in China including Taiwan).
- Highpower’s trademark “HFR” won the Famous Trademark Certificate of Guangdong Province.
- Highpower wins and award from “Guangdong Informatization and Industrialization Fusion---Four 100 Demonstration Project”.
- Highpower was identified as a AAA standard enterprise in Shenzhen city.
- Springpower Technology (Shenzhen) Co. Ltd. was identified to be one of the First National New High-tech Enterprises in Shenzhen in 2013.
- Highpower wins the highest quality award in the public service field set up by Longgang People’s Government---District Quality Award.
- Highpower wins the Annual Scientific and Technological Invention Award in the Longgang District of Shenzhen for 2011-2012.
- Highpower provides power supply solutions for the Racing Team of Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) in the Formula Student China 2013 (FSC).
- The industrial park of Ganzhou Highpower Technology Co. Ltd. was completed.
- The industrial park of Huizhou Highpower Technology Co. Ltd. was formally put into production.
- Highpower purchases land rights in Ganzhou City, Jiangxi Province for a full-scale battery and electronic waste recycling business.
- Completed build-out of Huizhou, Guangdong Province factory.
- A groundbreaking ceremony is held for Ganzhou Highpower Technology Co. Ltd.
- Highpower Co. Ltd. is assessed as an A-grade credit rating corporation by Shenzhen Joint Credit Management.
- A strong Hong Kong office is established.
- Icon Energy System (Shenzhen) Co. Ltd. established.
- Highpower signs investment letter of intent with Zhanggong District Government to build the first domestic clean energy production and research facility.
- Highpower research and development institute established in conjunction with supporting two-stage research and development organizations.
- Symposium for clean energy attended by Hong Lihe, Vice Governor of Jiangxi Province, Jiangxi Province government leaders of the Provincial Department of Commerce, the Provincial State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission (SASAC) and the Provincial Industry and Information Committee.
- Battery industry expert Wang Jisan appointed as Honorary President of Highpower Research and Devleopment Institute.
- Ganzhou Highpower Technology Co. Ltd. incorporated.
- Research and Development Center partnership established with German-based Freudenberg to form Freudenberg (Chinese) Testing Center.
- Highpower wins the “Cleaner Production Enterprises in Shenzhen City” award.
- Highpower Sunshine Scholarship Foundation established.
- Highpower is identified as the “Hong Kong-Guangdong Cleaner Production Partners (manufacturing)” by the Hong Kong Government’s Environment Bureau and Guangdong Province’s Economic and Information Technology Commission. Highpower is the only enterprise to receive the award in the China battery industry.
- Highpower begins trading on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol “HPJ.”
- Groundbreaking ceremony held at Highpower Huizhou Industrial Park.
- Highpower selected as the first batch of "Guangdong, Hong Kong and Macau RMB cross-border trade settlement pilot units”.
- Highpower USA office established.
- Production commences at B2 factory in Luoshan Industry Park, Pinghu Town, Longgang District, Shenzhen. Initial production capacity reaches 750,000 Ni-MH battery pieces per day.
- Huge ceremony held at Highpower Huizhou Industrial Park.
- Highpower receives AQSIQ "Green Passage Enterprises" qualification.
- AQSIQ started to implement inspection and quarantine green channel system on Highpower.
- Highpower lists on the American Stock Exchange and begins trading under the symbol “HPJ”.
- Patented product "NI-MH batteries that can be stored for a long-term" acquired. Shenzhen City Independent Innovation Product was listed on the Government's high priority purchasing list.
- Highpower identified as a "state-level high-tech enterprise" by Shenzhen City’s Science and Technology Bureau, Bureau of Finance, State Taxation Bureau and Local City Taxation Bureau.
- Springpower Technology (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd. founded.
- Highpower acquires United States-based company SRKP.
- C factory area increases Ni-MH battery production capacity to 600,000 pieces per day.
- Highpower Ni-MH Battery research and devleopment center established.
- Highpower’s B1 branch factory commences battery production.
- Highpower establishes post-doctoral research and development base at Central South University.
- Highpower honored as an “Advanced Battery Materials Engineering Research Center” by the Ministry of Education.
- Industrial wastewater treatment system opened for life sewage recycling.
- Highpower obtains first authorized patent.
- Highpower becomes Ni-MH rechargeable battery supplier for a globally recognized battery brand.
- Highpower obtains "HFR", "Highpower" trademark.
- Highpower receives OVONIC patent license.
- Highpower nickel-metal hydride products receive recognition by SGS as environmentally friendly.
- Shenzhen Municipal Science, Technology and Information Bureau identifies Highpower as a “Shenzhen High-Tech Enterprise”.
- Highpower receives CE Certification.
- Highpower moves headquarters from Guangzhou City to Luoshan Industrial Zone, Pinghu Town, Shenzhen City.
- Highpower receives ISO9001:2000 certification.
- Highpower Technology Co. Ltd. established in Guangzhou City, China.